Friday, August 29

Mad About Shoe

Today really isn't about my outfit. I mean, I like it, it's kind of geometrical. But there's something way more important I'd like to share with you...

Shirt: Miss Shop
Dress worn as a top: thrifted
Skirt: Stella Forest
Heels: Dolce & Gabbana

What? D&G? How is she able to afford that on her penniless student budget, you say. EBay USA, that's how! I set myself a limit of no more than $200 for a pair of shoes, and I haven't broken it! Cue footwear editorial...

Okay, so they are a bit high. Not very practical. But I don't care much for practicality anyway. They are quite comfortable, the only downside being that the leather is slightly stiff, but that will ease after several wears. These babies come in at 11.5cm high, perfect for stomping around in as Spring approaches.

Best thing about them is the glorious floral print, very antique looking. I know floral is too huge this season and everyone has their floral dresses and skirts (including myself). But floral footwear, that's still kind of unique, in my opinion. Like, boho, but not hobo.

Don't you just love being upstaged by your shoes?

(Currently listening to: Frank Zappa - Bobby Brown Goes Down)

17 comments:

Skye said...

Good score!

Anonymous said...

girl, you forgot tights...

esme and the laneway said...

*gasp* they are amazing!

Anonymous said...

wow I'm speechless - they are the most awesome pair of friggen shoes ever. Stomp On!!

WendyB said...

Those are FABULOUS shoes.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The shoes look lovely and I adore the whole outfit.

WJ said...

Hooray...I'm glad everyone is giving the thumbs up for the shoes! I feel pretty damn lucky right about now. Also:

Anon. - haha, you better get used to it or find another blog to read, because the warmer weather is approaching!

Nadine - I'd glad you the outfit, to be honest I was really trying as I was too excited to wear my shoes out.

MISS GLITZY said...

I surely do! Great choice, they fit you wonderfully.

Annie Spandex said...

Floral footwear, I agree! Kudos! a unique interpretation of the trend...

Tara said...

They look gorgeous, I love the antique-y look of them!

Gala Gonzalez said...

the shoes are lovely

WJ said...

Okay...so I've been wearing these shoes exclusively for the past few days, I can't stop looking at them! However, the only cure to an addiction for one pair of shoes is to purchase another pair...hmm...

Ben said...

Oh shoes!! Really? They're magnificent!

Nice backyard ;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shoes and what a great bargain find! I love the floral print. The best part is they are timeless, you can wear them for forever and with so many things :)

Elle said...

Oh those shoes are just to die for! They seem to have their own mini fan club now :)

mrlovelu03 said...

The Right Managed IT Services and Tech Support at The Right Price in Waukesha, Milwaukee, and Brookfield











Again, this is my first Link Building request -- which I was told by an outsider of our company we should request.

I understood this to be, provide some static links on our site that we'd like people to read and as well that we want Google to see that folks are linking to - and by that, that oDesk contractors should read and come up with keywords, short text and obviously have the URL to point to. They would then seek out PR, Paul&Angela Packet or blog sites that have similar types of audiences (small business, medium business, backup and disaster, etc).

The main page - www.airtechnologyservices.com is clearly an overall of all the other links.

Again, am I supposed to be supplying you with more? If I was given the task that I laid out, I would think I have all I need.